Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Still Alive. Honestly.

Alright, so keeping a consistent journal/blog/etc has never been exactly my thing. I started keeping a diary once in middle school, wrote at least once a week for a while . . . and then it turned into about twice a year. Which resulted in these really, really long entries that were basically a breeze over of all the significant events that I could remember at the time. But, anyway.

Right now The God of Enclosed Spaces is getting top priority, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going continue the version that's up on Figment right now. I think it might actually end up being the prologue to the actual story, though chronologically some of the chapters might be set during the main story . . . (this always happens to me, by the way: I right a story and then realize too late that I've totally botched the chronology, so I decide that I just couldn't care less about time and the natural order of things so I jump around to my heart's content, to be edited later). See, 'cause the main story, I think, is going to be lot more focused on what is presently skulking around the Anderson woods and upsetting the local wildlife - and the identity of the entity (oh, that phrase was fun to write) is intrinsically tied to not just Mackenzie, but to Oscar Valentine, Sabrina Andrews, and the events on which their film Orithea Town was based. But to say any more would be spoilerific, and I don't know if anyone wants that.

I've been warning, anyhow, that in all likelihood whatever chapters come out in the near future are going to be vignettes, because I'm still having a lot of fun fleshing out Mac and Flan and their relationship, and sometimes I just want to write about what happened that one time they were at the beach, or that one time Mac adopted a cat, and so on. But I did say at the beginning it was a slice-of-life deal, so really that just fits in with the project from the start.

Now, I will attempt to post again sometime this month. :)


2 comments:

  1. One of the things I was most looking forward to this winter was more updates of TGoES; the story in updates is a little bit like a robin, in the fact that it goes away for a season and then comes back and you're so glad it's there and you didn't realize you missed it until it's back. I've really enjoyed reading TGoES, and vignettes are perfectly fine! Whatever floats your boat, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, you're still alive! Take your time and don't worry about being out of order or busy or whatever. I'm glad to hear that you're writing more exciting Mac and Flan stories - and I love the slice-of-life style, to be honest. It's lovely and exciting to see what's going to happen next and I think it works well for how the story is going right now.

    ReplyDelete