Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mwahaha New Post

(Maybe I'll get the hang of this again?)

I went out and bought a new notebook yesterday - just one of those standard 70-sheet college rule ones. I'm pretty sure if I could be bothered to open a couple drawers, I'd find that I have a stash of them, but I'm kinda of  (read: definitely) a nut for office supplies. I could spend all my money on pens, and anyway for me there's this spiritual aspect of going out and buying a notebook for a specific purpose. (Seriously. Me and office supplies. Don't even let me start.)

See, before I had a computer - or at least before I had one that didn't sound like a race car when I turned it on - I wrote notebook-long stories. That actually got finished. That were all in one place and not scattered across files and loose sheets. So yesterday I arbitrarily decided that I was going to buy a shiny new notebook and do that and who cares if I've already got like, three stories on Figment going that need attention and does it really matter that I have no idea what I'm going to write in said notebook, I'm sure something will happen once I start. (The God of Encloses Spaces though. That is going to get updated. Because it's my baby. And I'm almost done making my pretentious soundtrack for it.)

I don't know what it is. The last few months I've felt a bit stagnant, writing-wise. (I think I have a new writing crisis every other month, but this one's been the prevailing one.) My composition books are full-up with story snippets and scraps and beginnings that stop three paragraphs in. I think I really do need to just fill up a notebook with a story, any story. Maybe have my own little NaNo, only measured in pages instead of words because I need baby steps.

I love this box. Teddy bears.
ALRIGHT, SO SERIOUS WRITING BUSINESS ASIDE - What else is going on with my life? I don't know. I'm job-hunting, but it's not going too hot since I don't have easy access to a car and most of the jobs are at least 30 miles away. Waiting for college acceptance letters. Fangirl-ing about stuff (finally made myself finish Cowboy Bebop last night - I'm now having a serious case of emotions). After a long hiatus (it was hot chocolate season) I've resumed collecting tea.

Oh, I'm planning a surprise party, which I'm super-excited about. I've never thrown, attended, or been surprised by one, but my best friend called me up a few weeks ago and declared that since our friend always throws his own parties, we should get the jump on him this year. And apparently someone is dressing up like Slender Man? We've told the birthday boy it's just one of our usual horror movie days, so I guess it kind of fits . . . Slender Man though. Oy vey.

4 comments:

  1. (Mwahahaha first comment)

    I have a cache of half-filled notebooks at the foot of my bed, but I'm always adding to the stack by going out and buying new notebooks. I also have a huge addiction to office supplies; I'm always buying new pens/pencils to draw with and such, but the thing is they always disappear! I think my siblings are taking them. Anyway, they make me really happy, especially if they're still in their packaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with an affinity for office supplies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have an affinity for note books and office supplies! There's so much potential, and that act of buying a notebook just makes me feel like I'm doing something. If that makes sense.

    Ah, Cowboy Bebop! I understand the emotions... Such a good show....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I know what you mean about the stagnant writing problem. I think I'm slowly starting to break out of it, like chipping away at ice, but it's been a tough process. Worse than writer's block, haha.

    I used to write short stories in notebooks and I still have all of them - it's so much fun to look at the stories I wrote in middle school (and wonder if I can steal pieces of them for current stories, mwahaha). I'll often go out and buy notebooks with such intentions, but it sounds like you do a lot better than me. I had a bunch of new notebooks - never before written in - because I can't bring myself to touch them, haha. But when I do use them, I can't look past my bumbling handwriting and spelling errors, so I mostly outline and make planning notes on paper.

    I love your obsession with office supplies. I get like that too. And collecting tea! There's always another tea flavor that I want to try, when I still have big packets in the kitchen drawer, still waiting to be used.

    Cowboy Bebop!!!! Yesss, I was crazy about that show in high school. And the ending!!! OMG. I'm tearing up, just thinking about it. Great, classic series.

    ReplyDelete