Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NaNo Spasms . . .

I have the variety that's like . . . "HEY NANO'S A MONTH AWAY BUT HERE'S A STORY IDEA YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO START RIGHT NOW. BUT NO, YOU MUST WAIT, AND WRITE IT FOR NANO AND HOPEFULLY YOU'LL STILL BE AS ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT IT AS YOU ARE NOW."

*cries*

But, goodness if I'm not swamped with Figment and the book I'm blogging with a friend. So, the idea will have to wait. Besides, I start getting ideas for NaNo in June, most times, and this year I had the pleasure of exorcising one of them during Camp. It's really just a case of what's the latest idea I've fallen in love with once October 31st rolls around. It's plot ADD, people.

Anyway, the idea that has most lately attacked me is about a band of rogue grim reapers mysteriously sending people off before their date of death, at first only seconds early. Then minutes. And then the FMC is targeted a whole whopping eight months before she's supposed to die, and a pair of reapers who are still on the straight-and-narrow intervene. Cue a quest to figure out why people are being reaped early, and who exactly is behind it.

It was one of those ideas where I could immediately hear each of the three main characters in my head, so it's going to be a hard idea to let go of. I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment