Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo, and Stuff.


Ah, so.

So far, so good. I've broken 2,000 words, which is usually my goal for Day One. And the words just sort of tumbled neatly onto the page, and the FMC, who, by the way, turned into this other girl named Daisy - stumbled neatly out of her house by the end of chapter one, and now we'll just see where she goes.

I'm trying to be quite particular about how I write this one. And by that I mean, I'm attempting to not be particular at all. I go somewhere quiet, turn on whatever music I feel will be helpful (A Fine Frenzy, so far) and make myself write stuff without thinking about it. Which means I make up words a lot, and come up with very strange names for things, but so far it's been producing things that I think are nifty enough. Also, I haven't seen what's coming, which is always fun.

I think Cassiopeia is destined to show up later. Daisy just happened, and I've actually known what her character's about for a while now, so her behavior isn't so erratic.

At some point, I plan on discussing specific writerly things, like plotting (which I'm not doing in this case, but still) and the like. And maybe what books I'm reading. However, Camp NaNo has thrown me off my blog mindset, so we'll just have to see what I scrounge up.

On that note, though, I got an order of books in the mail yesterday! Just finished one of them - Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. Gorgeous book, but very sad. Everyone go read it, while I'm off to try to get the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment