Monday, July 30, 2012

Swimming Around "Other Genres"

I've been hanging out in the NaNoWriMo forums again. Ah, it's been such a long time. Not really. I lurk like nobody's business, I just haven't posted in a while. It seems like the only real activity is in the Fantasy forum, as per usual, anyway. Not that I don't love fantasy - just that most of what I've been writing lately is kind of on the ambiguous-genre-side.

(Yeah, that, or urban fantasy. Which is fantasy, sure, but more like magical realism when I write it.)

Anyway, I've kind of spontaneously decided to do a NaNo practice run in August. Which is the day after tomorrow. And further, I have also spontaneously decided that it's going to be plotless bizarro fiction BECAUSE IT CAN BE AND AT LEAST I WILL ENJOY IT. Also, these two characters just kind of happened, and even though they're not giving up much, I like them. And the charming blonde might just shatter into emeralds when under impact.

Huh.

(How's this for a first post? Totally ignoring the fact that it's a first post . . . And it's so short. )

Needless to say, this is going to be a very casual blog. With writing. And uncalled-for fandom raving on rare occasion.

1 comment:

  1. "And the charming blonde might just shatter into emeralds when under impact."
    Just sayin'. This is the *best* sentence.

    ReplyDelete